This Week’s Fresh Recipe: Try Moroccan Spiced Beef with Roasted Vegetables
- 1kg Jindurra Station beef eye fillet, trimmed
- ¼ cup Remano olive oil
- 1 tsp Stonemill ground cumin
- 1 tsp Stonemill mild paprika
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 350g mini capsicums, halved lengthways and seeds discarded
- 3 small red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 250g sweet cherry vine (or truss) tomatoes, vine removed
- ½ cup fresh coriander sprigs
- Colway aioli, to serve (optional)
[better-ads type=’banner’ banner=’93782′ ]
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (or 180ºC fan forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Tuck thin end of beef fillet under and along centre of fillet. Tie beef with string at 4cm intervals.
- Combine half the oil, cumin, ground coriander, paprika and pepper in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture all over beef.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, turning, for 5-7 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to prepared tray. Season. Bake for 25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Stand, covered loosely with foil, for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, place capsicums and onion in a baking dish. Drizzle with remaining oil. Bake for 15 minutes. Add tomatoes to dish. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season.
- Serve beef and vegetables scatterd with fresh coriander and aioli (if using).
Note: Always adding luxury to the dinner table, beef eye fillet is a tender, quality cut of meat – perfect for a casual family barbecue through to a formal gathering of friends. When working with beef eye fillet, ensure you remove any excess sinew.
Browse Latest ALDI Catalogue or ALDI Catalogue Last Week or ALDI Catalogue Next Week
Aldi Catalogue Specials Week 11, 15 March – 21 March 2023
Aldi Catalogue Specials Week 10, 8 March – 14 March 2023